Chocolate Chip Cookies
Recipe type: Chocolate Chip
- 4½ cups flour
- 2 tsps baking soda
- 4 sticks of butter, melted
- 1½ cups packed brown sugar
- ½ cup white sugar
- 2 3.4 oz packages vanilla instant pudding
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsps vanilla
- 4 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- (OPTIONAL) 2 cups chopped walnuts or pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Sift together the flour and baking soda, set aside
- In a large bowl, cream together the melted butter, brown sugar and white sugar.
- Stir in the eggs and vanilla
- (If you are going to divide the batter, add the flour mixture but not the pudding NOW)
- Beat in the pudding mixes until well blended
- Blend in the flour mixture, a little at a time (if you didn't already add it and divided the dough)
- Stir in the chocolate chips and nuts (if you're using them).
- Drop cookies by rounded spoonful about 2" apart on cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until edges are golden brown.