Chocolate Coffee Cookies
Recipe type: Cookie
- 1 roll (16.5 oz) Pillsbury refrigerated chocolate chip cookies
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- ¼ cup cocoa/cayenne pepper blend
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee crystals
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 tbs milk
- 1 tbs unsweetened cocoa
- Let cookie dough stand at room temperature 10 minutes to soften.
- Preheat oven 350 degrees F
- In large bowl, break up cookie dough and add pecans.
- In small bowl mix flour, ¼ cup cocoa/cayenne pepper blend, coffee crystals, and cinnamon.
- Stir flour mixture into cookie dough mixture until well blended. You may have to knead it to get it mixed up.
- Shape dough into 1" balls
- Place balls 2" apart on cookie sheet and gently flatten with hand
- Bake 9-12 minutes or until tops are cracked
- Cool 1 minute on sheet and transfer to wire racks.
- In small bowl, mix powdered sugar, milk and 1 tablespoon cocoa until smooth and well blended.
- Drizzle over cookies and cool 15 more minutes.
I found this recipe in a magazine and altered the ingredients to my taste.