Recipe type: Miscellaneous
- 1¼ cups all purpose flour
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- ¼ cup white sugar
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1 stick butter, melted
- ½ cup milk
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate pieces
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
- Coat doughnut pan with nonstick spray
- In a large bowl stir flour, brown sugar, cocoa, ¼ cup sugar, baking soda, baking powder and salt together.
- Make a well in the center of the flour, set aside
- In a medium bowl combine egg, milk and melted butter.
- Add butter mixture all at once to flour mixture, stir until smooth.
- Stir in chocolate mini pieces.
- Spoon batter into a large resealable bag.
- Snip off one corner of the bag to make about a ¼" hole
- Pipe batter into doughnut pan, filling rings about half full
- Bake for about 8-10 minutes or until tops spring back when lightly touched.
- Cool in pan 1 minute then invert pan over wire rack get doughnuts out.
- Clean and respray rings with nonstick spray
You’re going to need a doughnut pan for this one. I’ve used a cocoa/cinnamon or cocoa/cayenne pepper blend instead of the usual cocoa in this recipe with great success.