Chocolate Nut Cookies
Recipe type: Cookie
- 1 cup butter, softened
- ¾ cup brown sugar, packed
- ⅔ cup sugar
- ½ cup baking cocoa
- 2 -3 teaspoons almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- In a mixing bowl, beat the butter, sugars, cocoa and extracts until creamy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Combine the flour and baking soda; gradually add to sugar mixture.
- Add pecans last.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 7-9 minutes or until edges are firm.
- Remove to wire racks to cool.