Classic Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
Recipe type: Cookie
- 4 oz unsweetened chocolate
- ½ cup shortening
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups white sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp vanilla
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- ⅔ cup powdered sugar
- Melt unsweetened chocolate and shortening together in microwave for 1 minute. Stir until fully melted. Set aside.
- Combine eggs, sugar, baking powder, vanilla and salt in a large bowl.
- Add chocolate mixture and stir together.
- Gradually add flour, stirring well after each addition.
- Cover and chill for 2 or until dough is easy to handle.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Place ⅔ cup powdered sugar in bowl or bag.
- Shape chilled dough into 1" balls and roll in powdered sugar.
- Place 2" apart on cookie sheet and bake for 10-15 minutes.
- Cool for 1 minute on sheet and transfer to wire racks.
You can also add about 1/2 cup of chocolate chips to this recipe for that extra chocolate kick.