Creme de Menthe Truffles
Recipe type: Other
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- ¼ cup creme de menthe
- 4 cups confectioners sugar
- 2 cups (12 oz) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tsp shortening
- Combine the melted butter, pecans and creme de menthe in a large bowl.
- Beat in confectioner's sugar gradually
- Cover and refrigerate for one hour or until firm
- Wearing rubber gloves, shape mixture into 1" balls and place on waxed paper
- Chill for 30 minutes or until firm
- Melt the chocolate chips and shortening together in microwave, stir until smooth.
- Dip balls in chocolate mixture and return to waxed paper.
- Chill until set.