Peanut Butter Strawberry Bars
Recipe type: Brownie
- ¾ cup butter softened
- ¾ cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup white sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2¼ cups flour
- 1½ cups strawberry jam
- 4 cups small strawberries, halved and quartered
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- In a large bowl combine softened butter with peanut butter. Add brown sugar, white sugar, baking powder and salt, and mix together.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla until combined.
- Stir in the flour a little at a time until combined.
- Spread dough evenly in a prepared 13"x9" pan.
- Bake about 30 minutes or until a toothpick in the center comes out clean.
- Carefully spread jam over the top, cover with strawberries.
- (If you are making this ahead of serving, prepare everything but the jam and strawberries).