Pumpkin Caramel Cheesecake
Recipe type: Cheesecake
- 1 bag caramels, melted
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups crushed oreo cookies
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- Dash salt
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 3 8 oz blocks of cream cheese
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 15 oz cans of pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 4 eggs
- Cool whip for topping
- Unwrap the caramels, microwave with butter 30 seconds at a time, stirring until melted. Set aside
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Crush the oreo cookies until you have 3 cups
- Mix cookie crumbs with sugar and salt
- Add melted butter to cookie crumbs and mix until evenly moistened
- Press evenly in 13x9 pan
- Bake for 10 minutes or until set. Set aside to cool
- In a large bowl soften the cream cheese in a microwave, then beat in sugar until blended.
- Beat in the pumpkin puree, sour cream and vanilla
- Beat in eggs one at a time until incorporated
- Set aside ⅓ cup of batter and add the caramel to it in a small bowl
- Pour the pumpkin cheesecake filling over the cookie crust
- Carefully drizzle the caramel mixture over the top.
- Using a toothpick, swirl the caramel through the cheesecake
- Bake cheesecake for about an hour or until the middle is barely jiggly.
- Cool completely. Refrigerate overnight.
- Top with Cool Whip topping before serving