Pumpkin Swirled Chocolate Brownie
- 3 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 tbs butter, softened
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ginger
- 1 tbs flour
- 1¼ cups all purpose flour
- ¾ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 6 oz unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- ¾ cup butter, melted
- 2¼ cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- ¾ coarsely chopped walnuts, optional
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Prepare a 13x9x2 baking pan
- Beat the softened cream cheese and softened butter together until mixed well
- Add the ½ cup sugar, then the egg, pumpkin, vanilla, cinnamon, ginger and 1 tbs flour. Set aside
- Stir together the 1¼ cup flour, baking powder and salt, set aside.
- Melt the chocolate and ¾ cup butter together. Gradually add the 2¼ cup sugar, beating until combined.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well each time.
- Stir in the milk and vanilla, then beat in the flour mixture until combined.
- Spread chocolate mixture evenly over the pan, then spoon the pumpkin mixture over that. Swirl through both layers with a spoon or knife to mix together.
- Sprinkle with walnuts (optional).
- Bake about 60 minutes or until the center is just set when pan is gently shaken.
- Cool on wire rack.