Sacher Torte Cookies
Recipe type: Cookie
- 2 sticks butter, melted
- 1 pkg (3.4 oz) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 egg
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- ½ cup raspberry, strawberry or apricot preserves
- ⅓ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tbs butter
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and pudding mix until light and fluffy.
- Beat in egg
- Gradually add sugar and mix well.
- Shape dough into 1" or larger balls;roll in sugar
- Place 2" apart on cookie sheet
- Make an indentation in each ball with a wooden spoon handle, about ½" deep
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until set.
- Cool on sheet for 1 minute, then transfer to wire rack.
- Fill indentation with preserves
- For glaze, melt chips and butter together in microwave, stirring frequently until smooth. Cool slightly. Drizzle over cookies.
You can also substitute lemon or vanilla pudding for the chocolate in the recipe if you want a different flavor.